We are lucky to be supported by a community that has shaped the past of Blackden and is now developing its future.
From donors to volunteers everyone is welcome and there are some many ways to get involved:
- donate to keep this unique place alive for future generations
- join our volunteers and you could help visitors to familiarise themselves with Blackden or work behind the scenes weeding our beautiful garden or even making coffee!
- be a benefactor
- become a Friend of the Blackden Trust
- participate in a course
- Come on a tour or attend an event and bring your friends
- Follow us on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/theblackdentrust/)
The expertise of academics from universities across the country, the knowledge of local specialists, the enthusiasm of Friends of The Blackden Trust and the help of volunteers – all contribute to our research and teaching.
Could you join us?
Donations will help us to:
Preserve and protect The Old Medicine House and its immediate surroundings
Promote further research into the rich historical, cultural and archaeological secrets of the site
Provide creative educational opportunities to stimulate the minds of young and old alike
Support young scholars and craftsmen
Provide a creative hub to encourage musicians, writers and artists
If you would like to support us with a regular or one-off donation, you can do so here.